Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blog #5

I don’t remember much about the Evaluative Summary paper.  It is hard to blog about this when I don’t have the paper and I can look at my mistakes. And I did also did not realize we had to revise this paper and turn it back in.  I was not sure I did this paper right.  But I am hoping did. But I try to show my opinion and the author’s opinion. I also tried to back it with information from the article. I know use is, are, was, were, and am. I really don’t understand why we cannot use them in a paper. It is hard for me not to use them. My English 101 teacher tried to explain it, but I did not get. Maybe you could explain to me? I also was in hurry to get this assignment done and I was more worry about getting two pages worth. I found this topic sorted of interesting and boring.
            I really don’t know to make this paper better. But I will try to change the verbs is, are, was, were, and am. And I will other corrections if necessary. I will also refer to the book for guides on picking the right verbs to use.
            I really don’t like fixing paper over and over. And I really hate writing papers. If the revisions are due on October 19, 2010, how are we turning them into when we don’t have class? Are we e-mailing them to you or blogging them?? I just was wondering!

1 comment:

  1. "To Be" verbs (is, are, was, were, and am) don't do anything. They just lay there and take up space. The idea is to use verbs that do things -- active verbs. Instead of saying "I was at the store, yesterday" someone may say "I went to the store, yesterday." The writer use an active verb that did something -- "went." It tells the reader what happened. Inactive verbs don't tell the reader anything.

    ReplyDelete